Dr. Munro provides a full range of naturopathic services, including:
- Routine Health Care: Check-ups, Physicals, Referral for Routine Conventional Laboratory Testing/Diagnostics; Diagnosis and Treatment
- Preventative Care: General Nutritional Counseling, Weight loss, Exercise, Screening Examinations for Cardiovascular disease, Diabetes
- Laboratory testing/Specialty Testing: Food Allergies, Heavy Metal, Nutritional Analysis, Neurotransmitters, Candida, Cortisol
- Life Style Management: discussion on importance of nutrition, exercise, non-smoking
- Herbal/Botanical Medicine: Plant medicines can be a safe and effective alternative to pharmaceuticals
- Mind-Body Medicine: counseling, with a focus on how the mind affects the physical body
- Hydrotherapy: Providing various treatments to stimulate the patient’s vital force through the use of cold and hot therapies, including Constitutional Hydrotherapy, poultices, sheet wraps, cold mitten friction, etc
- Environmental Medicine: This is a specialized area which addresses the toxic burden which are system undergo on a daily basis through the air we breathe, the food we consume, the environment in which we live and work, as well as the burden that we acquire from birth. This toxic burden is addressed through lab work/assessment, patient education, detoxification principles, nutritional support, and environmental evaluation.
- Clinical Nutrition: Education on the wide variety of foods which encourage healing and balancing, including the importance of eating organic. Assessing if food sensitivities/allergies are present, if so removing these obstacles to cure, thereby supporting the body’s innate ability to heal. Proper nutrition is the foundation of good health. We will use a combination of therapeutic diet(s) and/or nutritional supplementation.
- Craniosacral Therapy/Physical Medicine: By addressing structural malalignment through subtle manipulations issues such as pain, decreased flexibility/motion, poor circulation and depressed organ function can often be addressed.